Unique to Matonich Law is the compassion, diligence, and expertise with which we approach each case. Our firm ranks client welfare above all else, ensuring a highly personalized level of professionalism. Each of our attorneys is adept at providing the personal attention clients deserve along with the leading-edge professional resources and expertise their cases require.
After an early stint at a major corporation, Ed felt compelled to return to his roots and represent the hardworking people of Northern Minnesota. For nearly 50 years he has pursued his passion: ensuring that the rights and safety of the citizens within his community, and throughout the state, are protected.
Recognized nationwide for his litigation skills, Ed has won verdicts in excess of one million dollars for cases involving medical malpractice, liquor liability, automobile accidents, and products liability, including a $13.5 million verdict against an industrial giant.
In 2010 he and other lawyers in the firm obtained a record-breaking $23.2 million verdict for a young family in a medical malpractice case. Ed continues to represent his clients with the same enthusiasm, vigor, and sincerity that led him to found the firm.
- J.D., University of North Dakota School of Law, 1964
- State of Minnesota
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member, Minnesota Association for Justice (MAJ)
- Past member, MAJ Board of Governors
- Member, MAJ “Founders Society”
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Appointed by the Minnesota Supreme Court to the Minnesota Advisory Committee on the Rules of Evidence (1988–2004)
- Appointed by the Minnesota Supreme Court to the Commission on Judicial Selection (1999–2006)
- Selected to Best Lawyers in America (continuously since 1991)
- Selected to Super Lawyers (multiple years and continuing)
- Member by invitation, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Selected to National Trial Lawyers Assn. Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- A/V Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell (for 20 years)
- Diplomat, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Recipient of Professional Excellence Award from Minnesota Bar Association (2010)
- Fellow by invitation, International Society of Barristers
- Past National President, International Society of Barristers (2005–2006)
- Minnesota Lawyer Attorney of the Year (2005, 2009, 2010)
- Minnesota Lawyer Circle of Excellence (2010)